By W Jason Gilmore
- study the basics of personal home page programming- no toy code the following - Buid dynamic, database-drive websites - Lot of ready-to-use code for incorporation into your personal site! within the fast paced setting of internet improvement, builders are constantly lo
Read Online or Download A Programmer's Introduction to PHP 4.0 PDF
Best web programming books
While the remainder layout philosophy has captured the mind's eye of net and company builders alike, utilizing this method of strengthen actual internet prone isn't any picnic. This cookbook contains greater than a hundred recipes that will help you reap the benefits of relaxation, HTTP, and the infrastructure of the internet. You'll study how one can layout RESTful net providers for buyer and server purposes that meet functionality, scalability, reliability, and defense pursuits, it doesn't matter what programming language and improvement framework you employ.
each one recipe contains one or challenge statements, with easy-to-follow, step by step directions for fixing them, in addition to examples utilizing HTTP requests and responses, and XML, JSON, and Atom snippets. You'll additionally get implementation instructions, and a dialogue of the professionals, cons, and trade-offs that include every one answer.
* layout assets to fulfill a variety of program situations
* effectively layout representations and URIs
* enforce the hypertext constraint utilizing hyperlinks and hyperlink headers
* comprehend while and the way to take advantage of Atom and AtomPub
* recognize what and what to not do to aid caching
* the way to enforce concurrency keep an eye on
* take care of complex use instances related to copying, merging, transactions, batch processing, and partial updates
* safe net prone and aid OAuth
Discover ways to create multi-page AJAX enabled varieties utilizing Yii with this ebook and booklet evaluation research anything new directly! a brief, quickly, concentrated advisor supplying fast effects quickly, easy-to-follow recipes with instant effects jam-packed with helpful projects to enhance maintainability of internet purposes customise your advanced and long kinds to create easy-to-follow and concise multi-purpose types intimately Yii is a high-performance personal home page framework for speedy internet program improvement.
Floats could be a essentially uncomplicated element of CSS, yet that does not hold them from being invaluable and strong. As you are going to study during this functional advisor, floats fill a necessary and honorable area of interest, permitting the location of content material to 1 aspect whereas the remainder of the content material flows round it. writer Eric Meyer offers numerous ideas for utilizing CSS floats, and exhibits you why you are not constrained to sq. waft bins from now on.
Wish to construct web content within the wild along with your MacBook? This concise hands-on consultant introduces you to the perfect editor: Coda 2. instead of litter your reveal with shell entry, a separate CSS editor, and a model regulate app, you will discover how Coda's "one-window internet development" bundles every thing into one neat software.
- Murach’s PHP and MySQL : training & reference
- Hardboiled Web Design
- Pro PHP Application Performance: Tuning PHP Web Projects for Maximum Performance
- Wrox's ASP.NET 2.0 Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Starter Kit
- A Programmer's Guide
- Learning PHP 7
Additional info for A Programmer's Introduction to PHP 4.0
8. Now it’s time to install PHP. Change the directory to wherever you downloaded the PHP package. Extract it to the directory of your choice using an unzipping application. 9. ini-dist”. ini and place it in the C:\Windows\ directory. 10. Go back to the PHP directory. dll. Place these files in the C:\Windows\System\ directory. dll file, and you will be prompted to overwrite it. Don’t overwrite the file or copy it. 11. conf file, again opening it up in a text editor. There are a few more modifications that you need to make: 18 Gilmore_01 12/5/00 10:22 AM Page 19 [(H1L)] Look for this line: ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "C:/Apache/cgi-bin/" Directly below this line, add the following: ScriptAlias /php4/ "C:/php4/" Then search for “AddType”.
There is only one characteristic: power. This characteristic can be modified by using the method set_power. Remember, however, that a class definition is a template and cannot itself be manipulated. Instead, objects are created based on this template. This is accomplished via the new keyword. Therefore, in the preceding listing an object of class appliance named blender is created. The blender power can then be set by making use of the method set_power: $blender->set_power("on"); Object-oriented programming is such an important strategy in today’s application development standards that its use with PHP merits its own chapter.
This is beyond the scope of this book. a —other-configuration-options make make install 5. conf file. Some of these modifications relate specifically to Apache, while others are necessary to ensure that PHP scripts can be recognized and sent to the Web server. phps These lines need to be uncommented in order for PHP-enabled files to work correctly on the server. To uncomment these lines, simply remove the pound symbol (#) from the beginning of each line. Save the file and move up one directory.