By Nora Ellen Groce,Lawrence C. Kaplan,Josiah David Kaplan
This ordinary consultant is helping mom and dad of kids with disabilities plan relatives outings in Connecticut which are stimulating and enjoyable. meant for kids who use wheelchairs or who've visible, listening to, or psychological impairments, it provides areas during the country which are simply obtainable and fairly priced and that require very little previous planning.
The entries are prepared by means of kind of task. They contain areas to work out animals (zoos, aquariums, hatcheries, farms); kid's museums; museums of nature, heritage, technology, high quality arts, and distinctive curiosity; areas of ancient curiosity; playgrounds; nature facilities and walks; theaters and acting arts; and weekend tours for the relatives. every one position or task lists place, instructions, mobilephone numbers, net info, hours, admission charges, short descriptions, and evaluation of accessibility through form of incapacity. The advisor is a useful source, aiding young children with disabilities (or, for that matter,...
Read or Download Accessible Connecticut. A Guide to Recreation for Children with Disabilities and Their Families PDF
Best travel books
* Opinionated: No bland descriptions and lukewarm thoughts. in line with a close own inspection, our writer covers lavish beachfront motels, intimate rain-forest B&Bs, family-friendly condos, and masses, even more. Our eating stories are easily the easiest within the enterprise, no matter if you crave state-of-the-art Asian-fusion food or a hearty, cheap plate lunch.
Encouraged by way of Penguin’s cutting edge nice principles sequence, our new nice trips sequence offers the main tremendous excursions, voyages, treks, expeditions, and travels ever written—from Isabella Bird’s exaltation within the hazards of grizzlies, rattlesnakes, and cowboys within the Rocky Mountains to Marco Polo’s mystified experiences of a big poultry that eats elephants in the course of his voyage alongside the coasts of India.
Amsterdam's maximum attraction can also be its maximum enigma: how can this type of gracious, old treasure condominium additionally multitask because the so much offbeat city on this planet? From Rembrandts to rock and roll, town has continuously been a enthralling mixture of previous and new. Now, as this new version finds, Amsterdam and the full Netherlands is being dramatically made over for the twenty first century by means of artisanal trendmakers, designers, famous person cooks, and future-forward architects.
From the writer **Who We Are** At Lonely Planet, we see our task as inspiring and permitting travelers to connect to the area for his or her personal profit and for the advantage of the area at huge. **What We Do** * we provide visitors the world's richest shuttle recommendation, proficient by means of the collective knowledge of over 350 Lonely Planet authors residing in 37 international locations and fluent in 70 languages.
- The Dark Side of Disney
- Cancun, Cozumel & the Yucatan Travel Guide (6th Edition) (Lonely Planet Regional Guide)
- Darwin Slept Here: Discovery, Adventure, and Swimming Iguanas in Charles Darwin's South America
- Never a City So Real: A Walk in Chicago (Crown Journeys)
- Pocket Rough Guide London
- Eastern Europe Travel Guide
Extra resources for Accessible Connecticut. A Guide to Recreation for Children with Disabilities and Their Families
00. 00. 00. Children under 4, free. Description: Three floors of exhibits are dedicated to the life and times of showman P. T. Barnum and the circus world of the nineteenth century. The clothes and furnishings of Mr. and Mrs. Tom Thumb, memorabilia of Swedish singer Jenny Lind, ship models, weapons, Egyptian mummies, stuffed animals, an animated 3-ring circus, real circus wagons, and many other items collected by Barnum during his long, colorful career are on display. Special events: Special exhibits throughout the year.
Visitors using wheelchairs can enter through the front gate. Almost all the zoo is accessible, and most walkways are flat and paved. ) There are several small hills on the zoo grounds, but they should present no problem to families who come with a chair user. Children with visual impairments: The children’s farm area may be of particular interest to the child with a visual impairment. A volunteer is usually in the farm area with a “featured animal” that children can touch. If the family of a child with a visual impairment calls the zoo office (203-394-6563) in advance, zoo personnel are happy to try to arrange for more contact with some of their animals.
M. Closed on Saturdays and Sundays. Admission: Free (donation suggested). Description: The New Britain Youth Museum’s mission is to make children feel comfortable in a museum setting and excite their curiosity about what museums can offer. There are exhibits on natural history, local history, and cultures around the world. There is a small hands-on exhibit of toys, dolls, dollhouses, games, puppets, and more. This museum is affiliated with the New Britain Youth Museum at Hungerford Park, located 5 minutes away (see page 118).